Friday, August 12, 2011

The Long Awaited Verse

     Those of you who have been following my blog and stitching adventures know that I was stressed over what to do with the verse on And They Sinned.  Here is the original version.  The photo isn't very good but you can see that the words are scrunched together, the flowers are too close to the words, and it just seems sloppy.  Remember, this was charted to make it look like a little girl stitched it.  Apologies to whoever I copied this from off the Internet.  It took me a while to find a picture with this stitched because when I Googled images of "And They Sinned", a lot of them were mine.  That's funny.
     And here is my version.
     I really had a good time stitching this part.  The words were stitched first and I used Peacock to stitch "Paradise."  After all, paradise is blue skies and blue ocean, at least to me.  The dots were stitched with Gold Leaf, and "AND THEY SINNED" was stitched with that wonderful coral color (Copper) from the rows of flowers above.  I really wanted "AND THEY SINNED" to stand out and originally thought to use a bright red color but it too closely resembled the brown in the rest of the letters. The "m" in "them" was placed next to the e and that meant that the top flowers wouldn't fit so I stitched butterflies in place of them.  I also moved the bottom flower motifs closer to the vine by 2 stitches on each side so that it wouldn't run into the "e" in "offered." 
     As you can see in the original picture, there is fun ahead!  Oh boy, I hope to be able to stitch at least one motif a day.  Oh ya, another milestone.  That damn vine border is done!  Happy dance number two.  Until next time, happy stitching ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment